Dear Power Yoga Canada - Clarkson...
I can't believe I stepped inside your doors to the studio for the last time last night as I dropped off the towels. I felt terrible for not being able to practise but knew I had to rest and recover from this flu. I looked forward to hanging with the Friday Night Crew - Tam, Tania, and Pino - sharing our many hugs together.
It was at this location that my life truly opened up. It became my safe haven, my second home. You helped me to open my heart, and release some of the blocks that held me back and stopped me from really experiencing life. You did this by allowing me to discover my passion as a yoga instructor. It was an honour to be part of the first ever graduating class of PYC's Teacher Training Programme. When I take the floor of Wynn Fitness, FlipDog, and of course - my home base to lead a class and express my passion to assist others to unlock physical and mental blocks on their mats, I feel free.
I will admit that there have been some dark times in my life. At those times, I felt like I was letting you down by bringing the negative energy to the vibrant environment I called home. What I did not see during those times was that I was able to break out of the darkness with the love of all my new-found family of teachers, and friends. They were there for me when I struggled to acknowledge my inner greatness (something I still need to work on..), when I struggled to express myself openly, and they saw to it that I did not give up and walk away.
PYC Clarkson, I do not fault you for the environment we practised under. I do not fault you for the fact that the building owners were not quick to act on the fact that incense was burning to hide the bad air quality. I do not fault you for the fact that the building was old, and in desperate need of repairs by all counts. The insect bites I have received also pale in comparison.
This is the end of an era and the beginning of a new chapter for all of us who had our start here at PYC Clarkson. I shall now find new ways to break free as I start to frequent your descendents - PYC Etobicoke, and PYC Oakville. I will miss the springy hardwood platform where I have learned to break free as I flew into Bakasana, and leaped up triumphantly into handstands.
With love, I bid you adieu and godspeed. I shall miss you and I thank you for welcoming me and defining who I am.
Namaste...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com