The Notable Quotable

"A cloud does not put out the sun..."

~ A Course in Miracles

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Whirlwind of Life

February has come to a close and March came in like a lamb. The temperatures have started warming up, the days are getting longer, and I am looking forward to all that Spring has to offer.

The last month has been nothing short of busy. I have taken on some new challenges while progressing with current challenges.

Last month, I finally set out to do what I have always wanted to do... I am now enrolled in the Teacher Training Programme at Power Yoga Canada. By the successful end of this training, I will be a Certified Yoga Instructor. The style of yoga that will be studied at length is the Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga. This style has spoken to me from the moment I took my first Power Yoga class with Kinndli at Kula Yoga Oakville. This training promises to be life changing. In addition to learning about the theory behind yoga - including history, philosophy, and the anatomy - we will be peeling away the layers that inhibit us in our own lives. This will help us to be more present on our mats. It will also give us the tools to speak from our authentic selves on and off the mat. In our intimate group of nine, plus Kinndli and Pauline, we all share a special bond - our love for yoga, our desire to learn, and our drive to shine outside of our comfort zones. We are now on our way to achieving our goals and loving every minute of it.

On the running front, I have still been going at it. It has considerably been reduced, considering that Teacher Training takes up at least two weekends a month. However, I still feel strong. I attribute this to the fact that I have resorted to lots of cross training over the winter due to the extreme cold temperatures. My cross training activities include yoga, Crossfit, pool running, swimming, and cross country skiing. I have really enjoyed the balance that comes with being able to enjoy various activities. In fact, I strongly advocate cross training. There is nothing like coming into your body and becoming more in tune with what it needs and what makes it tick.

I will be making more of an effort to journal more often. However, it will mostly be on paper. One of the things that I must do is journal more often. In fact, Kinndli has advised all of us in the training programme to journal mental and physical shifts that we experience. I will still blog about my experiences but throughout my teacher training journey, I will be keeping most of it on paper.

In the meantime... Enjoy the dawning of Spring!

Namaste...

2 comments:

  1. so, whereas before you may have shown me any yoga for free, now I have to pay you??? :) I am sure you will shine brightly in your training and certification! You are such a great achiever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with school!!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete