Today, I switched things up. Due to my injury (which is getting better with almost full mobility and very little pain), I could not carry on with my Sunday practise at Kula. That was too bad because I was looking forward to attending Ashtanga Primary Class again. Instead, I decided to do a workout.
I was on the computer looking at the Crossfit site when I saw just what I was looking for. His name was "Michael" and I was provided with everything I needed. No wrist action required, core was addressed, and I got some good running in as well.
I arrived at the track which was a seven minute drive from my place. This track is located at a high school but it is maintained by the City of Mississauga. The surface is rubber and the infield where football and soccer games are held has artificial turf. The track and infield looked like it was used well today for games because the barricades were still lined up on part of the track and there was litter on the outer edges of the infield.

I quickly got myself together and prepared to warm up. For the warm up, I ran 2000m and then walked one lap.


Here is what the workout looked like - courtesy of Crossfit.com
I was on the computer looking at the Crossfit site when I saw just what I was looking for. His name was "Michael" and I was provided with everything I needed. No wrist action required, core was addressed, and I got some good running in as well.
I arrived at the track which was a seven minute drive from my place. This track is located at a high school but it is maintained by the City of Mississauga. The surface is rubber and the infield where football and soccer games are held has artificial turf. The track and infield looked like it was used well today for games because the barricades were still lined up on part of the track and there was litter on the outer edges of the infield.
I quickly got myself together and prepared to warm up. For the warm up, I ran 2000m and then walked one lap.
Here is what the workout looked like - courtesy of Crossfit.com
"Michael"
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups
I proceeded to complete the rest of the workout, timing myself in the process. In the end, my overall time was 35:31. The back extensions were completed using the bleachers and the situps were completed on the infield. For the back extensions, I found that I had to take breaks in between. I was definitely starting to feel it. As I think about it, I could have been screaming "Michael!" during my sets but I had my music playing and the tunes were on my mind. Jack Johnson, Michael Franti, Coldplay, and others were singing to me as I was going through my sets. "Michael" would not have heard me, so my screaming would have only been heard by others on the track who probably would have looked at me funny... hehe... Now, I was satisfied with the workout on a whole because it gave me what I needed for that moment.
After completing the workout, I ran an additional 2000m to cool down before turning off the lights on the field (I was shown how to do so by someone who was in charge of the lights but left before me), and heading to the car for the short trip home.
VERY cool photos, and how could you go wrong with "my" workout? I had a hard time getting motivated yesterday and had a day of rest.
ReplyDeleteNow that you have seen "your" workout, I wanna see you try it ;-) I can see you smoking me for time on this one... There's nothing like doing a great workout named after someone who is so perfectly suited for it.
ReplyDelete