The Notable Quotable

"A cloud does not put out the sun..."

~ A Course in Miracles

Monday, April 27, 2009

Visit to the Green Living Show

My weekend began as soon as I bolted from the office after 17h00 on Friday evening. I was meeting with my friend, Bernadette, and we were going to the Green Living Show together.

After taking the train over to the Exhibition, I waited for Bernadette at the Direct Energy Centre. She knew one of the vendors at the show and we were able to score a vendor's pass to get into the show. Once she arrived, we proceeded to the show office and asked for our passes. Once the passes were received, we immediately started hitting the booths. We had less than three hours to score freebies, samples, and deals before the show closed for the evening.


Although there were less vendors than the previous year, we still managed to come away with quite a bit of samples - including young trees for planting - and some good deals as well. The best deal I scored was a collection of yoga-inspired clothing including three t-shirts, a pants, and a jacket for $60. The best part about the clothing was that each piece had at least 70% bamboo. We also spent quite a bit of time sampling organic drinks, snacks and food. Bernadette and I were able to get the healthy foods we liked for a fair deal. When I got home with my stuff, my mother was blown away with what I managed to bring home. In fact, half my flourless cashew cookies are with her and she is nibbling them slowly. The maple coated almonds are being hidden by me, along with the other cookies I managed to get. My yoghurts are safe because I am the only person who enjoys them :)

Bernadette posing on the kitchen stage...

One of the fabulous vendors with the great samples
We both had a great time at the show even though we had less time to spend there and are looking forward to hitting another trade show in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment