The past two weekends were marked by two trail races - Umstead 100 Endurance Run on April 4th in Raleigh, North Carolina, and the McNaughton Park Trail Runs this past Easter Weekend in Pekin, Illinois. I knew numerous people who competed in both events and I thought I would give them all special mention for their efforts.
Umstead 100 Endurance Run
McNaughton Park Trail Runs
From what I have read from many of the participants on the ULTRA List, there was a very low completion rate at McNaughton due to the conditions of the course. The course was already tough but the rains made it even tougher. I am proud of the fact that the effort was made to stick it out. I will hear the stories in person at a later date and I'm sure they will be very interesting. As for the Kimba/Frederick battle at Umstead, Freddie better realise that Kimba is closing in on him! Hehe... Maybe I should sign up for Umstead next year to see this for myself... hmm...
Writing this update is really motivating me to get out on the trails now so off I go!
Umstead results can be found here.
McNaughton Park results for all distance can be found here.
Umstead 100 Endurance Run
David Collins - 23:17:27
Frederick Davis III - 26:02:42
Kim Love-Ottobre - 27:33:52
McNaughton Park Trail Runs
Charlotte Vasarhelyi (150M) - 90M completed
Robert Lebrun(150M) - 110M completed
Sharon Zelinski (100M) - 70M completed
Jennifer-Anne Meneray (100M) - 70M completed
From what I have read from many of the participants on the ULTRA List, there was a very low completion rate at McNaughton due to the conditions of the course. The course was already tough but the rains made it even tougher. I am proud of the fact that the effort was made to stick it out. I will hear the stories in person at a later date and I'm sure they will be very interesting. As for the Kimba/Frederick battle at Umstead, Freddie better realise that Kimba is closing in on him! Hehe... Maybe I should sign up for Umstead next year to see this for myself... hmm...
Writing this update is really motivating me to get out on the trails now so off I go!
Umstead results can be found here.
McNaughton Park results for all distance can be found here.
No comments:
Post a Comment