The Notable Quotable

"A cloud does not put out the sun..."

~ A Course in Miracles

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday Neighbourhood Jaunt

Happy Easter readers! Hope the Easter Bunny was good to you and provided the treats that you have desired.

I woke up this morning hoping to make it out to the trails. No such luck. I had a low grade headache (must be careful as I did have a head cold the past couple of weeks) and I was still quite tired as mass finished at 23h15 last night. I briefly went online and attempted to plan out my morning before heading over to my relatives for supper in the afternoon.

After making breakfast, I was starting to feel extremely agitated. Cabin fever was getting the best of me, even as the sun was shining outside. I finally snapped. I ran upstairs, put on my clothes, and stepped outside for just over an hour. My route took me through some of my favourite sections that were local. I was pleased to see that the ice cream parlour has reopened for the season. The wind was blowing quite a bit but I got it done. It was short and sweet (I'll have to revisit the mapped distance and revise it but I am guessing anywhere from 10-12k for distance).

After stepping back in, I made my way to the shower and prepared to head over to my relatives for Easter Supper. The run did feel good and actually made me feel a little lighter. I'm hoping that I can get a good run on the trails tomorrow so that I can have a good taper for Saturday's race.

No comments:

Post a Comment