On Tuesday evening, my brother and I checked out Element CrossFit gym and decided to try out a workout. I have been psyching myself up for this since my visit there last week. I wanted to see what a workout in this playground looked and felt like.
Upon arriving at the gym, Rachael greeted us at the door. After we were settled in our workout gear, a few more people came up and introduced themselves to us. Alex then took Joseph and I over to the Concept 2 rowing machines for our warmup - a 500m row.
After that was completed, we completed an intense but fun circuit workout. Joseph started to fatigue halfway through the workout but he wasn't about to quit. Long after I was done, he finally completed the workout. He later said that he felt like he was going to puke. It has been awhile since he has done any workouts. After resting, Alex showed us some abdominal exercises. He even challenged us to complete 100 sit ups for time. I was the only person who completed this as Joseph was still trying to digest the Gatorade in order to settle his stomach.
While we were there, Slavka came in for her workout. She immediately greeted us when she walked in. Joseph was in awe to see that a woman in her 60s was doing press ups and deadlifts. Alex even took a picture of Slavka executing her last set of deadlifts with a load 15 pounds more than what she lifted the previous week. She then gave Joseph and I some pep talk about what these workouts have done for her since she has joined. Her testimonial can be viewed on Element CrossFit's site.
The workouts were completed with the usual hi-fives and encouragement from quite a few of us. After Joseph and I spoke to Alex about facility usage and costs, we were invited back to try more workouts. He also reminded me to start mixing Crossfit Endurance workouts with the main workouts of the day for better results with my endurance activities. My conclusion was that a per-class pass would work best for me. The workouts I can do at the Y will be done at the Y. Others will be at Element and I may even pass there on the way to Kula Yoga as Kula is just a five minute drive from there.
After getting home, the dog was too excited. It was time to try the new leash and take her for a run. My mother was only too happy to see the dog off because the dog's energy level is a touch too high for her liking. My brothers and I are the only ones who can actually control the dog. The run was a neighbourhood jaunt that was about 7km. The dog was happy for the run but she did slow up a little sooner than she used to. She has obviously lost some of that conditioning. After the workouts, I was surprisingly running quite steadily. And of course... I slept quite well..
Element CrossFit WOD (with results)
Upon arriving at the gym, Rachael greeted us at the door. After we were settled in our workout gear, a few more people came up and introduced themselves to us. Alex then took Joseph and I over to the Concept 2 rowing machines for our warmup - a 500m row.
After that was completed, we completed an intense but fun circuit workout. Joseph started to fatigue halfway through the workout but he wasn't about to quit. Long after I was done, he finally completed the workout. He later said that he felt like he was going to puke. It has been awhile since he has done any workouts. After resting, Alex showed us some abdominal exercises. He even challenged us to complete 100 sit ups for time. I was the only person who completed this as Joseph was still trying to digest the Gatorade in order to settle his stomach.
While we were there, Slavka came in for her workout. She immediately greeted us when she walked in. Joseph was in awe to see that a woman in her 60s was doing press ups and deadlifts. Alex even took a picture of Slavka executing her last set of deadlifts with a load 15 pounds more than what she lifted the previous week. She then gave Joseph and I some pep talk about what these workouts have done for her since she has joined. Her testimonial can be viewed on Element CrossFit's site.
The workouts were completed with the usual hi-fives and encouragement from quite a few of us. After Joseph and I spoke to Alex about facility usage and costs, we were invited back to try more workouts. He also reminded me to start mixing Crossfit Endurance workouts with the main workouts of the day for better results with my endurance activities. My conclusion was that a per-class pass would work best for me. The workouts I can do at the Y will be done at the Y. Others will be at Element and I may even pass there on the way to Kula Yoga as Kula is just a five minute drive from there.
After getting home, the dog was too excited. It was time to try the new leash and take her for a run. My mother was only too happy to see the dog off because the dog's energy level is a touch too high for her liking. My brothers and I are the only ones who can actually control the dog. The run was a neighbourhood jaunt that was about 7km. The dog was happy for the run but she did slow up a little sooner than she used to. She has obviously lost some of that conditioning. After the workouts, I was surprisingly running quite steadily. And of course... I slept quite well..
Element CrossFit WOD (with results)
500m row
- 2:20.9 (me), 2:03 (Joseph)
21 Wall ball squats (throwing a medicine ball high on the wall and squating low when caught)
21 Push Ups
21 Box Jumps
15 Wall ball squats
15 Push Ups
15 Box Jumps
9 Wall ball squats
9 Push Ups
9 Box Jumps
- 8:01 (me), 15:47 (Joseph)
100 timed sit-ups
- 4:55 (me)
No comments:
Post a Comment