Don't even get me started on this guy... I am just so happy I don't have to vote for this guy and that I live in a city where the mayor actually has sense!
20,000 people running around a city park for 42.2km just does not cut it. I really hope the running community causes this guy to lose the election. The marathons in this city, as well as any other city in the world, is often run by tourists who just want to explore the city on foot along with thousands of other friends who run for reasons of their own. According to other comments that were posted to this item, if events that caused street closures were moved to parks, Toronto would end up running a deeper deficit because tourists do not come to the city solely for festivities that take place in parks. Some street closures are needed to accomodate these events.
The election race in Toronto will definitely be a heated affair now!
Ford wants marathons taken off streets and moved to parks - 680News
20,000 people running around a city park for 42.2km just does not cut it. I really hope the running community causes this guy to lose the election. The marathons in this city, as well as any other city in the world, is often run by tourists who just want to explore the city on foot along with thousands of other friends who run for reasons of their own. According to other comments that were posted to this item, if events that caused street closures were moved to parks, Toronto would end up running a deeper deficit because tourists do not come to the city solely for festivities that take place in parks. Some street closures are needed to accomodate these events.
The election race in Toronto will definitely be a heated affair now!
Ford wants marathons taken off streets and moved to parks - 680News
No comments:
Post a Comment