The Notable Quotable

"A cloud does not put out the sun..."

~ A Course in Miracles

Monday, February 4, 2013

A Pep Talk from Kid President to You - Lessons Learned

Oh yeah... Nothing like a little pep talk to keep you on your toes... 

This particular pep talk has started going viral on the Internet scene and has been really taking off. The lesson here is paramount - Do something with your life that will empower you and lead you to awesome. 

"The world needs you to stop being boring... Boring is easy. Everybody can be boring!" 

This very quote speaks to living in mediocrity. If you are boring and bored, you are not stretching past your comfort zone. I used to be content with being bored and boring. It was something that was safe for me. If I can stay in that comfort zone, then it was all good. After being called out for living safely and being content to stay with what is not serving me without making an effort to change it all, I really started to look at how to change my circumstances. 

A major shift happened last week. I took action and completed my assignments and submitted my application for Baptiste Certification. I was supported and guided by friends and fellow yogis in the Baptiste community. within the final few days, I was feeling quite anxious and even had thoughts about giving up in the progress. Persistence ruled and I got it done. Now, I await feedback from the Baptiste Power Yoga Institute. Let the Journey begin! 

So, where do I go from here? After a night out with Anna and Kyla, I have come to the conclusion that I need to be grounded and really analyse and prioritise what needs to be completed, along with an action plan. For now, I have committed to continuing and completing my Digital 40 Days to Personal Revolution journey. I have covered some ground in that area and actually improved in the area of meditation. 

Next step, creating an action list of upcoming projects and goals that I have on deck! 

And... Action!

No comments:

Post a Comment