The Notable Quotable

"A cloud does not put out the sun..."

~ A Course in Miracles

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Power of Words - A Powerful Video that Will Change Your Point of View...

My viewpoint has definitely been changed by this video. It all started with clicking on the link to this video through Facebook.

I was taken in by the music as I observed the visually impaired man carefully ensure that the money was placed in the can. And then... a woman comes and writes on the back of the sign before placing it beside the man where it was, and walking away. Things then change for the man... When I caught the words at the end, I was taken aback. It had such a profound power - something that really touched me to the core. Tears threatened to stream out of my eyes as I watched it over my smartphone at the office during my break.

So what did I get from this? I got that the spoken and written words are powerful tools. They can either work for you, or against you. When you gear your words to the purpose of the conversation, the conversation shifts in its own way. In other words, the outcome of the conversation is determined by your choice of words, along with how they are structured.

This video serves as a reminder to me. It reminds me to get rid of the excess words when communicating. It reminds me to be mindful of how I communicate with myself, and with others.

The power of words - powerful indeed! What are your viewpoints?



No comments:

Post a Comment