For the last month, I have been teaching power yoga at work. It all started when I taught a fundraising class for the United Way Fundraising Campaign. It was well received by all who participated and there was a request for more.
A Sr. Human Resources Manager for one of the divisions approached me and asked me if I wished to teach a weekly class at lunchtime. I could not refuse - in fact, I embraced it. It fit quite well with what I take a stand in - health and wellness. As the weeks went by, more and more people approached me expressing interest in joining in. My regular participants proudly reported the little shifts that were experienced in their practise. The classes were always filled with laughter, smiles, and positive energy. I know I have done my job as a yoga instructor when I see a difference in each yogi as they walk out of the room to carry on for the rest of the day.
We did our last class before the Christmas break this past Monday. I decided to introduce some partner yoga into the flow. It was well received. Each participant went into the asanas with no fear and a willingness to try. This class was particularly powerful for me to teach. I continue to be immensely proud of these yogis for their willingness to show up powerful. This in turn has inspired me to show up big my own teaching - both in and out of the workplace - no matter what is going on in my own life.
I look forward to continuing these fun lunch time sessions in the New Year, as well as my ongoing teaching assignments at Wynn Fitness (Mississauga) and Premier Fitness (Oakville) where I have been substituting classes on a regular basis.
Happy Holidays to all, and may you all show up Big in your lives!
Namaste...
A Sr. Human Resources Manager for one of the divisions approached me and asked me if I wished to teach a weekly class at lunchtime. I could not refuse - in fact, I embraced it. It fit quite well with what I take a stand in - health and wellness. As the weeks went by, more and more people approached me expressing interest in joining in. My regular participants proudly reported the little shifts that were experienced in their practise. The classes were always filled with laughter, smiles, and positive energy. I know I have done my job as a yoga instructor when I see a difference in each yogi as they walk out of the room to carry on for the rest of the day.
We did our last class before the Christmas break this past Monday. I decided to introduce some partner yoga into the flow. It was well received. Each participant went into the asanas with no fear and a willingness to try. This class was particularly powerful for me to teach. I continue to be immensely proud of these yogis for their willingness to show up powerful. This in turn has inspired me to show up big my own teaching - both in and out of the workplace - no matter what is going on in my own life.
I look forward to continuing these fun lunch time sessions in the New Year, as well as my ongoing teaching assignments at Wynn Fitness (Mississauga) and Premier Fitness (Oakville) where I have been substituting classes on a regular basis.
Happy Holidays to all, and may you all show up Big in your lives!
Namaste...
Way to go!! That is an awesome thing you are doing.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful holiday season and that 2011 brings you much happiness and success!!
ReplyDelete