On November 2, 2010, Power Yoga Canada opened its doors for the first time in an old building on Clarkson Road North. Located in Clarkson Village - in south-west Mississauga - Pauline and Kinndli created a year of firsts for many of us who stepped onto the hardwood platform where we sweated and flowed Baptiste style.
I remember when I first set foot in the studio - a week before the doors opened. Kinndli was sitting with Dave, hooking up the stereo. My wrist was locked in a brace after spraining it and I was unable to practise for the next couple of weeks. While I did return to my practise, I did not start practising there until Christmas time.
The months were followed by periods of self-discovery and personal transformation as I completed my teacher training. The shifts were vivid, and I now have a lot more focus. My teaching is constantly evolving and I look forward to honing my skills in this capacity. The energy of the Baptiste Power Vinyasa flow is definitely contageous. The response that I have received from students I have taught at fitness centres have been nothing but positive. Look for me to register for the Baptiste Teacher Training Bootcamps in the near future.
Through Power Yoga Canada, I have been blessed to feel like I belong. The community oriented focus is what made this possible. People come out of their way to ensure that they hit their mats and flow. After class, many people linger to greet those coming in for the next class and to make connections with those who were in the class with them. Many goals and dreams have been realised because of the support that is available to those who are willing to receive.
Power Yoga Canada continues to expand. The Liberty Village location in Toronto is now up and running. The Oakville location is set to open up in the New Year, while Susan and Denise are laying the groundwork for a location in Etobicoke. We all look forward to further supporting Power Yoga Canada in the years to come.
After an empowering practise led by Troy - who made the trek up from Boston - followed by a celebration after Pauline's class, we all left the studio. We all continue to feel moved and inspired by the energy that is created in the space that we share - both on and of the mat.
I was inspired enough to come up with a few lines that expresses what I believe Power Yoga Canada is about. It is hard to believe that my teacher and friend, Kinndli - along with Pauline - opened those doors in the old building on Clarkson Road North in Mississauga, Ontario.
Happy Birthday Power Yoga Canada!
People come from near and far
Onto your mats - Come as you are
Warrior I... Warrior II... Warrior III...
Express and embody that new way to be
Reach up and reach out to all possibilities
Your growing edge awaits beyond all abilities
Our minds shift as our bodies flow
Grounding in the present in order to grow
As we come together with joy in this place
Connections are made face-to-face
As a family we shine and reach out
Never failing to inspire society - No doubt!
A year ago, doors opened and history was made
Dreams, Inspirations, and Manifestations all laid
A Baptiste Power Vinyasa flow that ends with savasana
Lays out the ground work for what is to come in life's asana!
I remember when I first set foot in the studio - a week before the doors opened. Kinndli was sitting with Dave, hooking up the stereo. My wrist was locked in a brace after spraining it and I was unable to practise for the next couple of weeks. While I did return to my practise, I did not start practising there until Christmas time.
The months were followed by periods of self-discovery and personal transformation as I completed my teacher training. The shifts were vivid, and I now have a lot more focus. My teaching is constantly evolving and I look forward to honing my skills in this capacity. The energy of the Baptiste Power Vinyasa flow is definitely contageous. The response that I have received from students I have taught at fitness centres have been nothing but positive. Look for me to register for the Baptiste Teacher Training Bootcamps in the near future.
Through Power Yoga Canada, I have been blessed to feel like I belong. The community oriented focus is what made this possible. People come out of their way to ensure that they hit their mats and flow. After class, many people linger to greet those coming in for the next class and to make connections with those who were in the class with them. Many goals and dreams have been realised because of the support that is available to those who are willing to receive.
Power Yoga Canada continues to expand. The Liberty Village location in Toronto is now up and running. The Oakville location is set to open up in the New Year, while Susan and Denise are laying the groundwork for a location in Etobicoke. We all look forward to further supporting Power Yoga Canada in the years to come.
After an empowering practise led by Troy - who made the trek up from Boston - followed by a celebration after Pauline's class, we all left the studio. We all continue to feel moved and inspired by the energy that is created in the space that we share - both on and of the mat.
I was inspired enough to come up with a few lines that expresses what I believe Power Yoga Canada is about. It is hard to believe that my teacher and friend, Kinndli - along with Pauline - opened those doors in the old building on Clarkson Road North in Mississauga, Ontario.
Happy Birthday Power Yoga Canada!
People come from near and far
Onto your mats - Come as you are
Warrior I... Warrior II... Warrior III...
Express and embody that new way to be
Reach up and reach out to all possibilities
Your growing edge awaits beyond all abilities
Our minds shift as our bodies flow
Grounding in the present in order to grow
As we come together with joy in this place
Connections are made face-to-face
As a family we shine and reach out
Never failing to inspire society - No doubt!
A year ago, doors opened and history was made
Dreams, Inspirations, and Manifestations all laid
A Baptiste Power Vinyasa flow that ends with savasana
Lays out the ground work for what is to come in life's asana!
No comments:
Post a Comment