As I go through all the photographs that I have taken last week in hopes of putting a post together highlighting my trip to Algonquin Provincial Park, I thought I'd share a really good thread I found on the Running Mania forum. I know I can relate to this in some ways :-)
And so... without much further ado... here it is...
Hmm... Are there any other creative souls who can add to this list? I think this is great... :-)
Happy Sunday!
And so... without much further ado... here it is...
The Pros and Cons of Being an Ultra BOPer (Back of the Pack)
Pro: If you trip and fall on your face there's no one to laugh at you
Con: If you've broken a bone you better suck it up and start hobbling to the nearest aid station
Pro: You get lots of time to figure out the meaning of life
Con: Eventually you tire of this and start to ask the squirrels what they think
Pro: You get the forest to yourself
Con: You get the forest to yourself
Pro: You get to the finish line alone and should get a lovely finish line photo with no one blocking your way
Con: The photographer has gone home
Pro: At the end of the race, there aren't big line-ups for the post race meal
Con: The food is cold
Pro: When meeting a bear, all you have to do is be faster than the next guy.
Con: The next guy is 15 minutes ahead of you.
Pro: There's no one to talk you out of quitting
Con: There's no one to talk you out of quitting
Pro: Don't have to worry about privacy when nature calls
Con: No one to spare a square
Pro: If the course is beautiful, you get to savour it longer than others.
Con: If the course sucks the soul out of zombies (ashphalt) it requires meditative resources.
Pro: You get your money's worth being on the course so long.
Con: There was no one around to witness someone breaking into your car to steal your wallet cause everyone else went home hours ago.
Hmm... Are there any other creative souls who can add to this list? I think this is great... :-)
Happy Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment