The Notable Quotable

"A cloud does not put out the sun..."

~ A Course in Miracles

Friday, July 17, 2009

A Week in Review - Week of July 13th

Overall I have been satisfied with how this past week has shaped up. I have approached my training with a lot more respect after I was forced to reduce running mileage for close to a month. It definitely made a difference.

On Monday, I made it to the gym after work. I decided not to do a yoga practise as planned because I wanted to give my neck and upper body a chance to recover from two days of flow. My body was begging me to take it for a good run. Upon arriving at the gym, I immediately changed into my running clothes, filled up my water bottle, and set off. I was out there for a total of around two hours. I followed an urban multi-use trail for about 9K before turning around and heading back. I also left the path and took to the roads when the sun started to set. The starting was a little tough but once I got going, I was moving pretty well. My legs were pretty tight for most of the run. Walking and stretch breaks helped out in this area. After returning to the gym, I headed upstairs and stretched before preparing to head home for the night.

After my weekly sessions with the therapist on Tuesday, I returned to the gym for some more fun. This time - weights. After warming up for roughly 15 minutes running/walking with a friend (mostly chatting), I did a circuit set that involved lower body and core work. Lorene was also working that evening so it was great to see her there. I concluded my workout the same time Lorene was finishing up her shift. After getting my stuff together, Lorene and I headed for Tim Horton's where we caught up over a quick snack before heading home.

On Wednesday, my walk was extended quite a bit. The MS Society was hosting a pub night for the RONA MS Bike Tours. The turnout was small but the prospective riders were happy to meet with us - the committee members, volunteers, and staff of the MS Society.

Right now, I am feeling quite rundown. I have not decided how much I will run in the morning. I have a feeling it may not be too far so I will be going for time on my feet instead. We shall see. This is the weekend where I will be focussing on really tuning into my body and giving it what it really needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment