I am happy to say that I am pretty much back in action. The week of June 15th was pretty much what my weeks were prior to the 100 miler. The only thing that I had to mindful of was the ITB. I did not want to set back the progress I have been making in breaking up the fascia and healing the inflammation.
On Tuesday, June 16th - after spending some time on the table for my weekly treatment - I headed straight for the gym. Once I changed, I filled my bottle and headed upstairs to check in with Lorene. After the usual banter, I headed outside for the first real training run in a long time. I wore an ITB strap for the run and it actually helped to stabilize the ITB while running. I was moving along at a pretty good clip for most of the run. Within an hour and a half, I covered 14km. Upon returning to the gym, I did some core weights before showering and heading home.
The next day, I headed back to the gym. The weather was too wet to consider heading outside so I settled with doing a circuit set with the weights prior to swimming with Lorene in the pool. We ended up swimming lengths for close to an hour before calling it a night.
Thursday and Friday were spent tying up loose ends and preparing for the weekend.
I am happy with the progress I have been making with my recovery from this injury. With a more regimented stretching and strengthening programme in addition to the Crossfit routines I am looking forward to a strong season.
On Tuesday, June 16th - after spending some time on the table for my weekly treatment - I headed straight for the gym. Once I changed, I filled my bottle and headed upstairs to check in with Lorene. After the usual banter, I headed outside for the first real training run in a long time. I wore an ITB strap for the run and it actually helped to stabilize the ITB while running. I was moving along at a pretty good clip for most of the run. Within an hour and a half, I covered 14km. Upon returning to the gym, I did some core weights before showering and heading home.
The next day, I headed back to the gym. The weather was too wet to consider heading outside so I settled with doing a circuit set with the weights prior to swimming with Lorene in the pool. We ended up swimming lengths for close to an hour before calling it a night.
Thursday and Friday were spent tying up loose ends and preparing for the weekend.
I am happy with the progress I have been making with my recovery from this injury. With a more regimented stretching and strengthening programme in addition to the Crossfit routines I am looking forward to a strong season.
No comments:
Post a Comment