Ok... Don't let the date fool you. It is now Victoria Day - May 18th and I am just getting around to finishing up this post. Things have been quite busy so I will do a quick summary of the week here...
After doing the long walk with Rick and Gavin, I endeavored not to overdo it this week. A 50K run was on the horizon - Pick Your Poison Trail Run on Saturday, May 9th.
Monday, May 4th - Pool running for one hour.
Lorene and I were once again at it trading secrets and solving the problems of the world.
Wednesday, May 6th - Track workout and swim.
I wandered over to the local track just before swimming at the gym. After warming up for a mile, I did an interval workout that involved 200m on, 200m off. I did ten of those sets. The rain started moving in towards the end of the workout but I kept going. I focused on how good I was feeling and how forgiving a rubberised track felt under my feet. I truly felt good...
After arriving at the gym, I switched gears and prepared for the swim. I forgot my flippers at home once again and I had to do without. Upon entering the water, I immediately started swimming lengths. After awhile, Lorene made a minor correction in my stroke. This correction proved to be the breakthrough I have been looking for. After warming up to the correction, I found myself swimming a lot more efficiently and faster as well. My confidence in the water has definitely taken shape. I think I may have covered just over 500m... I wasn't really keeping track. All I know is that I have been feeling really good...
The rest of the week was dedicated to rest. I knew I was in for a tough time on Saturday so I wanted to be as well rested as possible. Thursday evening was spent in the health food stores picking up little snacks here and there for the race on Saturday...
The Pick Your Poison report will follow shortly...
After doing the long walk with Rick and Gavin, I endeavored not to overdo it this week. A 50K run was on the horizon - Pick Your Poison Trail Run on Saturday, May 9th.
Monday, May 4th - Pool running for one hour.
Lorene and I were once again at it trading secrets and solving the problems of the world.
Wednesday, May 6th - Track workout and swim.
I wandered over to the local track just before swimming at the gym. After warming up for a mile, I did an interval workout that involved 200m on, 200m off. I did ten of those sets. The rain started moving in towards the end of the workout but I kept going. I focused on how good I was feeling and how forgiving a rubberised track felt under my feet. I truly felt good...
After arriving at the gym, I switched gears and prepared for the swim. I forgot my flippers at home once again and I had to do without. Upon entering the water, I immediately started swimming lengths. After awhile, Lorene made a minor correction in my stroke. This correction proved to be the breakthrough I have been looking for. After warming up to the correction, I found myself swimming a lot more efficiently and faster as well. My confidence in the water has definitely taken shape. I think I may have covered just over 500m... I wasn't really keeping track. All I know is that I have been feeling really good...
The rest of the week was dedicated to rest. I knew I was in for a tough time on Saturday so I wanted to be as well rested as possible. Thursday evening was spent in the health food stores picking up little snacks here and there for the race on Saturday...
The Pick Your Poison report will follow shortly...
No comments:
Post a Comment