The Notable Quotable

"A cloud does not put out the sun..."

~ A Course in Miracles

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mr. Pukey Threatens to Pay a Visit... Crossfit Wednesday

This morning, I woke up with the familiar dull ache that I have had since last week. The head cold seems to want to tighten its grip. By this afternoon, the feeling passed and I decided to jump right in and get a workout in tonight.

As soon as I got home after work, I immediately assembled my gym gear and headed for the gym. Lorene appears to be getting better but it is quite evident that she still had a ways to go for a full recovery.

I immediately secured a treadmill and warmed up for 35 minutes, covering 3.63 miles with the 5K distance being covered under 30 minutes. For most of the run, I was running at a 9:13 minute-per-mile pace.

Crossfit WOD was as follows:

100ft walking lunges
21 pull-ups, 21 sit-ups

100ft walking lunges
18 pull-ups, 18 sit-ups

100ft walking lunges
15 pull-ups, 15 sit-ups

100ft walking lunges
12 pull-ups, 12 sit-ups

100ft walking lunges
9 pull-ups, 9 sit-ups

100ft walking lunges
6 pull-ups, 6 sit-ups

The workout was quite intense. Just to clarify - I do not do pull-ups with my full body weight. I used the Gravitron machine and set an assisted weight. For most of the sets except for the last two sets, I used an assisted weight of 70lbs. The last two sets had the assisted weight set to 60lbs. The walking lunges were not loaded with any weight. For the much of the workout, I felt myself approaching the edge - the edge where I felt like Mr. Pukey was about to pay a visit. I kept saying to myself that if I was to puke, let it just happen so that I can move forward from that point on. On the second last set, I almost puked. I was right at the edge where it was starting to come up and burn my throat. I am so happy I took those two eLoad Zone Caps before starting the workout. After the workout, I managed to slowly jog around the track for one kilometer before rolling on the roller and calling it a night.

Right now, I am feeling it. My eyes are now closing down on me as I type this. I'm sure it will be felt more when I wake up in the morning and start to move. The Stick will be ready to tend to the needs of my sore muscles...

No comments:

Post a Comment