The Notable Quotable

"A cloud does not put out the sun..."

~ A Course in Miracles

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Going on a Head Trip... It Sure Felt Like One!

At the time of starting this post, I was suffering with a dull ache in my head. It seems that I have contracted a wicked head cold and it has been threatening to knock the life out of me. I couldn't wake up this morning so I was late going into work. What made it worse was the fact that it was raining in the morning and the barometric pressure was low. I almost called it a day and left the office when all of a sudden, I felt the pressure start to lift and my head felt a little lighter. I was pleased to know that the sun had come out and the temperature was agreeable.

Last night, I made it out to a local conservation area where I ran a loop. I had promised myself at least 40 minutes on the trails. That turned into an hour. I was feeling a bit weak and winded but I was able to stay the course and complete the run. I observed some of the changes in the park (one of the roads looked like it took some abuse over the winter). I also avoided some of the off piste trails due to muddy conditions. This is one area I will return to from time to time to do midweek up-tempo runs. Because this conservation area has been closed, there are no official trail maps so I will be looking to invest in a Garmin so that I can map the routes properly. After leaving the park, I ventured over to the gym where I worked on some core. My head was starting to feel congested during the run and I felt it more when I got to the gym. In fact, I left my hat on the entire time. The steam room took enough pressure off the head so that I could make it home where I crashed.

This evening, I will not venture outside to run. Lorene has swimming on her mind but I will play it by ear and see how I feel. I just found a wicked Crossfit workout that I will be trying tonight at the gym... Details to follow... If I feel good, swimming will also be a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment