Today was an interesting day to say the least. I finally got enough air into my stability ball at the office to make it a viable substitute for my chair. I discovered that by sitting on the ball, I was able to stay awake and not feel so lethargic. I think it has to do with the fact that your core is actively engaged, forcing you to remain balanced and maintain correct posture . I know this because after lunch, I sat on my chair and I immediately felt wiped out. Back on the ball I went for the rest of the afternoon...
After leaving the office, I headed for the train. Manley was in the waiting area with Ernie (conductor) and John (engineer), waiting for their trains to come in time for their run. As I was heading for the train, I stopped by and said hi to those guys. Manley then opened up a box and handed me a rich, Italian pastry. The pastry was a traditional pastry that was made for the Festo San Giuseppe - An Italian Festival that takes place in March. This pastry was stuffed with whipped cream and strawberries and tasted fantastic. It was not too sweet, nor too heavy. As I stepped onto the train, I met up with some of the train gang who inquired about where I got the pastry from. The conductor of the evening - James - eyed it and said that he was not doing sweets and pastries for Lent... haha... Because his wife is of Italian heritage, I'm sure he has seen these pastries around more and more because of the festo. The rest of the train ride was uneventful, save for the two special preschoolers (regulars that ride with mommy and daddy) that were on the train and never failed to make me smile.
I made it home on time to get my stuff ready and head over to Kula for Ashtanga class. For 90 minutes, we were stretched, toned, and strenghthened by Grant. Afterwards, four of us hung around and did some meditation for half an hour before cleaning up and heading home.
Now... for this weekend, I am going to try to get my 50K in. Before I attempt this, I have put myself on a weather watch and a wellness watch. I am starting to feel like I am coming down with something... I will concentrate on taking my supplements, eating wholesome foods, and drinking lots of fluids and monitoring myself accordingly... There will be other weekends to get the distance in...
I am going to get my ball inflated to sit on in front of my computer at home...thank you for the motivation to due so!
ReplyDelete