The Notable Quotable

"A cloud does not put out the sun..."

~ A Course in Miracles

Friday, January 30, 2009

Yoga Thursday - Ashtanga Style

I had two choices for activity last night - run outside, or do some yoga. It is usually dependent on my arrival at home from work.

Last night, I chose yoga. I found that I was starting to slip from my practise and I really craved that dimension. Therefore, the decision to do the Ashtanga class was made.

I arrived at Kula Yoga and put my stuff in my locker before walking into the room where Grant was getting ready to start. For the next 90 minutes, my mission was to not try too hard. Grant also fed into the energy by reminding us all to smile through the postures. He did this in the postures that he knew some of us could not connect to - it was during those postures that I started laughing at times. I will admit that I was tired during the practise but I flowed through it with grace. In fact, I did feel like I was uplifted right through to Savasana.

This practise has motivated me to try tonight's restorative class at Kula. In that class, muscles are relaxed and deeply stretched. This is something I need before a weekend of hard running.

Namaste...

No comments:

Post a Comment